Growing Up as a Teen
By Tifney, age 17, Maryland
Growing up as a teenager is always hard. You have to deal with boys, clothes, school, jobs, family life, and tons of issues that make it hard for you to even want to go on! I am a teenage girl living in a bland, boring place - Maryland! There is nothing here, absolutely nothing. And it doesn't make it any easier that I have to live in a three story home with seven people, share a room with my younger sister, and have her copy every little thing I do! You think you have it hard? Guess again!
But here are some tips for continuing to go forward and striving to be the best you can be while having these little issues:
1. Don't let anybody tell you what you can and can't do. This is your life. You only have one. Live it how you want to!
2. Don't let anybody discourage you. If you want to do it, just put your mind to it!
3. Love who you are and how you look. Nobody can judge you. Love yourself!
4. Don't take anything or anyone for granted. You may think that your best friend will always be there, but don't take her for granted. One day she just may up and leave you because of the decisions you chose.
5. Have fun! Don't let school be all boring! HAVE FUN! Like I said before, you only have one life, so live it to the fullest!
6. Don't let boys define who you are. Boys will be boys, and that's all they will ever be. So if one acts stupid, honey, don't let that stop you! It's just another chance to aim higher and try harder, and maybe you'll get that boy you thought you could never get!
7. Last but not least, be yourself. If you think becoming or acting like someone else is the right thing to do to make friends, then you are so wrong. Only you can be you, and if you just act like yourself, maybe everyone will love you just the way you are!