Uniqueness on a Shoestring
By Macy, age 14, Virginia
Are you tired of spending your whole month's savings on one shirt, only to turn around and see everyone else wearing the same one? Well, there is a way you can avoid that. There's a way to add spice and uniqueness to everyday outfits. And guess what? Unlike the big brand names (Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, etc.) it won't bust your piggy bank. "The Way" consists of several steps, but don't worry. Unlike those products off the infomercials that say "Assemble in only a few quick steps", this is not a propaganda lie.
Here is your (for real) simple process:
1. Try shopping at thrift stores, and noooo, it's not that nasty.
2. Never buy a shirt and skirt or pants that are meant to go together. Mix it up!
3. You can always add originality to a bland outfit by wearing a totally random piece of jewelry.
4. Don't match.
5. Hand-me-downs are always a plus - don't be embarrassed (:
6. Don't wear the same jeans with the same shirt and same shoes every time you wear them. Switch it, and voila! You have an outfit that looks totally new.
So try out some of these suggestions. See what you think, and if the results don't measure up to your standards, call me. We can settle it physically, haha. Just kidding!