Oh So 'In' and Oh So 'Out'!
By Kate, age 18, California
So you think 2008 was an exciting year in the world of fashion and fame? Think again! Sure, Robert Pattinson made us swoon, and the reinvention of the once 'romanesque' gladiator sandal had our wallets screaming Charge!, but I predict that 2009 is not only going to be a year of fashion and fame, with a side of faux pas, but a year that will make every other literally seem so last season.
The 'In' in 2009
1. Butterflies!Walking the runways during Fashion Week in New York City were models wearing anything but the typical spring and summer floral arrangements. This year it's all about the butterfly motif! Designers like Diane Von Furstenberg and Badgley Mischka have incorporated some of these beautiful creatures in their beautiful creations!
There are so many ways you can transform yourself from caterpillar to butterfly too! A subtle butterfly necklace or an airy butterfly tank can accent any outfit with fluttering flair!
2. Au Naturale!Wipe off the heavy black eyeliner and bring on the earthtones because the natural look is back! Chic, classical, and casual are the key components when making yourself look like a star this season. Light brown on the lids and a glowing light pink cheek complements any skin tone. With just a few strokes of your favorite mascara, and a swoosh of clear gloss, your beautiful face will radiate any room!
3. Twitter!Although Twitter was founded in 2006, it has just recently become the center of the social networking world. Posting a 'tweet' to keep others updated on your daily doings is simply twitterific!
4. Demi Lovato!This Disney Channel superstar has pulled out all the stops! Her debut album Don't Forget took the music scene by storm, and her brand new Disney Channel show Sonny with a Chance is the number two highest rated Disney Channel show of all time ... and it's only been on for a few weeks! Keep on rockin', Miss Lovato!
The 'Out' in 2009
1. Ridiculous Reality!Shows like The Real Housewives of Orange Country and Jon and Kate Plus 8 are so out this year! With American Idol, America's Next Top Model, and Dancing with the Stars, no other show can beat them! It looks like ridiculous reality has given up its crown.
2. The Jonas Brothers!Sorry, ladies! But the Jonas Brothers are oh so out this season! Let's hope they make a comeback with their soon-to-be Disney Channel comedy Jonas! Other than that, it looks like the JoBros are fizzled out.
3. Black Nail Polish!It's all about the vivid nails this year! Black is not coming back anytime soon!
4. MAC's!Mac computers are so out, and PC's are so in!
No matter what's in and what's out, the most important thing is to be yourself and stick to what makes you you!
[Editor's note: Magazine writers, have the buzz about what's in & out for 2009? Write a story like this one! (If you're not a writer, you can apply!)]