Ask Liz Anything!
The Relationship Virgin
By Elizabeth, age 20, Pennsylvania
Soooo, I'm like a total relationship virgin, haha (at EIGHTEEN! I'm so lame, lol). But anyway, so there's this guy, and I don't know how to show him that "Hey I'm interested - let's get to know each other". And by "show him" I mean in the way I talk to him and act towards him, more physically than verbally. And I was also wondering if you could tell me (if you know) of some telltale signs of him showing interest in me. (: lol, thanks for the advice. :]
For starters, it's not lame to be a virgin (sexual or relational) at this age. Some girls envy you because they lost it to the wrong person. Be proud and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Well, guys are complex individuals who don't understand what they want. Here are some tips:
* Socialize: Go up to him and talk about something or start off with a simple 'hey'.
* Use Technology: I see some people feel more comfortable talking through Myspace, Facebook or Twitter.
* Get Help from Friends: If you have a friend who is friends with him, see if he/she can find out info for you ... without being obvious, of course.
* Be Too Eager: The last thing you want is to chase him off. Don't come on too strong. Have confidence in yourself.
* Be Easy: Don't seem like one of those girls who doesn't have any respect for their body, soul, and mind.
* Change: Don't change who you are physically and mentally to get that guy's attention.
Some signs he might like you are:
* Eyes: They can say endless things.
* Body Language: Does he get nervous or shaky when he sees you?
* Smile: It can be inviting.
Remember, think about what you do first before acting upon it. Take care, and I hope this helps.