College Freshmen: What You Need to Know
By Kimberly, age 19, California
Sweet Designs Staff Intern
Sweet Designs Featured Writer
So here are some things that every freshman should know. Whether you're going to a community college or a 4 year college, these tips will help.
1. Make sure you know the campus you're getting into, because you might just have picked the school because it was close to home or far away from home, and the first time you see the campus is the first day of school. Learn where everything is before the first day of class.
2. Being able to balance going to school and having a social life is crucial. This is important if you're living on campus or anywhere close to the school because there is so much going on, you won't be able to go to everything - you will have to pick and choose.
3. You don't have to buy the textbooks you need on campus; most of the time you can find them online for half the price, but remember that some of the time you will have to buy them at the bookstore because that's the only place they have the books, so be sure to look around before buying.
4. Take the classes you have very seriously because, if you don't, you will fail and end up on Academic Probation. College is not like high school where you are able to get away with a lot of bad stuff; if you don't keep your GPA up, the school will kick you out.
5. Get to know your professors because it will help you in the end with your grades and knowing the subject so you can pass the class.
6. Lastly, remember to take college seriously, and that it is very different from high school. It's an amazing experience and one I am sure you will come to love :)