Go Gaga for Lady Gaga!
By Cindy, age 14, New YorkYou might think that Lady Gaga is an unlikely style inspiration for the average, not too daring, girl. Well, you'd be right if we were talking about a full on Lady Gaga look. Drawing inspiration from Lady Gaga and incorporating it into your everyday look can actually be doable, with this easy DIY project.
Lacy Gaga Bow
Bows + Lace = a Lacy Bow, of course!
Two things Lady G really likes are bows and lace.
I actually had this weirdo floppy bit of fabric. It looked a bit like a dead bird's wing, and it was too small to do much with. Solution? That's what I made my Gaga Bow out of.
Random floppy bit of fabric ...
Kinda cool hair bow. (Yes, I know that you can't see it too well, and I'm sorry. Right now I wish that I was blonde so you could see more contrast.)
1. If you aren't like me and don't have random bits of sewn together fabric flying around (i.e. every other normal person in the world) get two pieces of different fabric. Mine were one piece of lace and one piece of sheer fabric. My pieces were about 4 inches wide, but it depends on however long you want your bow.
3. Place one piece on top of the other, right sides facing together, and sew across the top edge (shown by the red line).
4. Straighten out the connected piece of fabric. You have now arrived at the floppy dead bird's wing stage.
5. Take the whole piece and tie a knot with it, so that the knot part of the knot sits at the center seam.
6. Fluff the bow a little so it looks like a bow. You would be done, except now you have no way of attaching it to you head.
7. Get a bobby pin or any other kind of hair pin. Open it and stick the top layer of it into the knot part of the knot.
8. Wiggle the pin until the top half goes clear through the knot, so a bit knot is now sandwiched between the two layers of the pin. Slide the bow all the way to the back of the bobby pin.
9. Fluff the bow again and you're done. Pin the bow on the side of your head, and wear your Gaga style loud and proud! (Or, if you're a more subtle person, pull your hair into a ponytail or half up, half down style, and pin the bow on top of that.)