By Shanice, age 15, South Africa
Prom is a special night and you wouldn't want anything to ruin it. So here's a list what you should definitely take with you. Hopefully it will help you not to forget something important.
1. Lipgloss. It makes your lips kissable. A definite necessity.
2. Any of your own make-up items. For quick touch-ups. The last thing you need is to arrive at the dance looking great and then leave or continue dancing while looking terrible.
3. Cute handbag. To put everything in. A neutral colour is best, as you can wear it for any occasion with anything. Make sure that everything fits in it.
4. Bubblegum. My mum always told me it's important to have fresh breath. That's the only thing I listen to her for. And I have to say, she's right. So grab some gum. And if you get bored, you can always throw it at someone you don't like. Be discreet though!
(I'm kidding, but it is a good idea.)
5. Tissues. You never know when you'll spill something on someone, or vice versa.
6. Deodorant and perfume. Ok, so this might seem strange, but you're going to be dancing all night. Dancing equals sweat which in turn equals stink. Take a small pocket-sized deo and perfume to avoid nasty odours.
7. Hairbrush/hair spray. Like number 2, you want to look as good during the dance as you did when you walked in. Great hair can make or break you. It's a fact!
8. Camera. Any moment with friends is a Kodak moment. Don't forget to carry batteries that are new or newly charged.
9. Cell phone. This one is kinda obvious, isn't it? But I have this fantasy of meeting a cute guy at a dance and exchanging numbers. Maybe it's all the romantic comedies I watch or just the High School Musical fan in me. Still, take your cell in case that hottie does show up.
10. Wallet. Generally you shouldn't go anywhere without money. Carry some change so you can take a cab home if necessary.
It will be a mission to fit all of this into your clutch (maybe borrow space or a bag from your BFF?) But I'm sure you'll manage. I hope you have a fab night!