12 Ways to Cool Down in the Summer
By Gizem, age 13, England, United Kingdom
Now that it's summer, it's getting really hot outside, and we're all searching for ways to cool ourselves down. Here are a few ways you can cool off:
1. Put your feet in cold water. It almost instantly cools you down.
2. Take a cold shower. Of course, that is if you're at home.
3. Stay in the shade. Lie down and relax.
4. Open all the windows in your home. If you keep them shut your house will just get hotter and hotter.
5. Get a handheld fan. This is the easiest solution if you're outside and nowhere near home.
6. Pour some cold water on your wrists and neck. Putting cold water on your major veins will cool you down quickly.
7. Go swimming. Go to your local swimming pool, or if you have your own, take a dip. Swimming is both fun and refreshing.
8. Wear light clothes. You won't get too sweaty. Maybe a skirt?
9. Drink lots of water. Preferably freezing cold.
10. Get air conditioning in your home. Or, if you do have air conditioning lie down near it.
11. Wet a towel with cold water and put it on your forehead or wrap it around your neck. Be careful the towel isn't too cold or you'll get a brain freeze if you put it on your forehead.
12. Slushies! Yummy!