Ten Things I Wish I Knew Before Entering High School
By Tracy, age 14, Oregon
What are ten things you wished you knew before turning a certain age or just plain growing up? For everyone it's a different situation. You might have regretted not knowing what was in store for you or what was in front of you. Life only gives you one chance and expects you to make the best decision. So, here's my list of what I wish I knew before entering high school.
1. Taking Spanish in middle school for two years was a waste of my time.
2. Second chances turn into disaster when one person isn't willing to cooperate.
3. Be friends with people who actually acknowledge me.
4. Don't lose potential best friends who would be there for me in the future.
5. Choose my friends wisely.
6. Don't watch the TV up close.
7. Try out for soccer.
8. Just because a guy flirts with me does not mean that he actually wants to date me.
9. A first boyfriend is the one I'll remember for the rest of my life, so he should've been worth my time.
10. Set my reputation for how I would want to be remembered because it's harder to change it in high school.
So, that's my list that I can think of so far. Some of these don't go into full depth so they might be a little confusing, but it gets to the point. Instead of dwelling on those things that I should've seen and picked up on, I'm trying to make up for it some other way. Now, it's your turn to make a list.