The Top 5 Worst "Candies" for Halloween
By Tanya, age 14, Alabama
Halloween is less than a month away, and it's never too early to start stocking up on goodies. Before you go candy hunting, take a look at what kids and adults alike believe are the worst "candies" that can wind up in your Halloween bag.
1. Toothbrushes. Come on people, toothbrushes don't fall in the category of "candy." Passing out toothbrushes will make people hate dentists even more and almost feel guilty about eating candy by the handful.
2. Raisins. Little boxes of these shriveled up "candies" are an insult to the spirit of Halloween. If you're wondering why people don't come trick-or-treating at your house, then it's probably the raisins that your mom insisted on passing out the year before. Just throw out the raisins and replace them with Snickers, and you'll be fine!
3. Fun Size Candies. Who presumed that it's "fun" to eat little candies that are digested before the minute is out? Halloween is all about stuffing your mouth full of sweetness. Take pity on those who don't eat the whole day so that they can make a dinner out of candy! Bite size is easy to eat, but not very filling.
4. Apples. An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but they also keep kids away from your house when Halloween rolls by. Ever since people started passing out these "candies," Halloween just got a little bit healthier. NOT!
5. Halloween Stickers/Tricks. These may be sticky, but if you can't eat them, don't give them!
As you venture out to the nearest candy store, keep in mind avoid these not-so-delicious "candies." Have a Happy Halloween and Keep Safe!