Top 6 Beauty Trends for Fall
By Mahlia, age 15, Florida
With cold weather approaching, we are beginning to make our fall transitions. For some of us it's way too soon, and for others fall is right on time. Changing weather brings changes in makeup and clothes, so darlings, I present to you the top 6 beauty trends this season! Enjoy!
1. Bold brows. Don't cancel your eyebrow appointments just yet, ladies. This trend isn't about letting your eyebrows become a full-on unibrow, but more like a bold statement. You don't need super thin brows for fall because, let's face it, our faces get cold so a little warmth doesn't hurt. Simply ask the eyebrow specialist not to completely wax your eyebrows, but to trim the stray hairs and make them look more tamed.
2. Masculine looks. This trend doesn't literally mean going out and buying a stack of clothes from the men's department. It means trying things like a short, slicked back style, or maybe a boyfriend blazer with a girlish touch. Embrace your masculine side but add a female touch.
3. Rosy cheeks and pink lips. This trend is perfect for fall. Why? Because it adds color to the usually dreary tones of fall. If you're of a darker complexion like I am, try a magenta shade or a medium shade of purple on the apples of your cheeks and lips.
4. Pastel colored nails. These colors are a great contrast to the dark colors of fall. Pink is one of the best colors to try.
Nail polish set of four is available for $38.00 at www.sephora.com.
6. Last but not least, red lips. This trend is definitely bold. Who doesn't love a set of stand-out, look-at-me colored lips?
MAC lipstick is available for $14.50 at www.maccosmetics.com or your local store.