Ten Reasons to Love Being Single
By Jayzle-May, age 13, California
As December ended, all over Facebook, my friends were going insane posting:
"I'm ending 2011 single. LMS (Like my status) if you are too."
"Maybe I'll find love next year. This year had too much drama."
I don't know why my friends are going crazy for love. I feel that, deep inside, love doesn't work that way. Instead, love finds you. For my whole life, I've been single. And I have to admit, I really do love it. I see my friends getting boyfriends, and at first they really love it. Then towards the end, all this drama starts appearing and it just doesn't work out. Sometimes I'm bitter towards my friends because they've found love, but at the end of the day being single isn't all that bad. In fact, I feel as if it's freeing.
I've come up with a list of reasons why I love being single. But this list doesn't just stop here. In fact, there are tons of reasons all over Google, and you might even have some reasons of your own.
Ten Reasons I Love Being Single
1. More freedom.
2. I get time to think for myself.
3. I get to work on myself (internally and externally).
4. I never have to choose between my girlfriends and my significant other.
5. I never have to think about getting a gift for my significant other.
6. I get to sleep more (no late night calls or texts).
7. I get time to make stronger bonds with my girlfriends.
8. "You can go out and flirt as much as your heart desires, without a worry in the world." - ilanadonna
9. I never have "to explain why chocolate-chip ice cream with hot fudge, chocolate sprinkles and whipped cream, topped by a peanut butter cup, really is a great dinner." - Marsian
10. I can be who I want to be, not what he or she wants me to be.
Look at the positive side of every situation. Everything has beauty. It's just not everyone sees it.