Reasons I Love Writing for SDM
By Shanice, age 15, South Africa
Sweet Designs Featured Writer
Here are my top 7 reasons why I love writing for SDM:
1. I get to write. Anything that involves writing is enjoyable to me, and writing for SDM is no exception.
2. I get to see my work in print. There are few things that can compare to the feeling of seeing your work in print. Despite it being a year since I started contributing to Sweet Designs Magazine, I never get tired of seeing my work. I can (and occasionally have) gone through my work over and over again.
3. I get to gain writing pieces for a portfolio. Possibly the second greatest reward (no. 1 is the greatest) is that I get to have samples of my writing that can be used in a portfolio.
4. It helps me to improve my writing. I've actually seen my grades for English increase throughout the year after I started writing for SDM.
5. I get to interview the best people. I love doing interviews, and since writing for SDM I've interviewed some of the best people around. They're super-nice and very friendly.
6. I get to say that I'm a writer for Sweet Designs Magazine. I just love saying that.
7. It brings out the best and worst in people. While to me, SDM is a fun way to improve my writing, to everyone else it seems to be my future. Since joining the SDM team, I've seen jealousy from my closest 'friends' (I use that term loosely) and kindness from my worst enemies. It's not something I love, but it's really amusing.
It's been a great year writing for SDM, and I look forward to several more. I have no intention of leaving anytime soon.