On the Cover
By Stephanie Lynn, age 24, Massachusetts
On the cover this month we are excited to feature the clay art of Jennifer, age 21, from Kentucky. Jennifer designs adorable robots, animals, and other imaginative figures from polymer clay. I interview Jennifer in my feature "Robots, Giraffes, and Superheroes", which I recommend to everyone who either likes to create things or has thought about her own online business. Jennifer started at age 14, and is now a college student, that is, when she isn't creating the most amazing ... well, read about it for yourself!! :D
This month's issue features 24 new articles and poems. April means prom is just around the corner, and Kate (NH) takes us on her quest for the dress. If Jennifer's story isn't inspiring enough, we spotlight some teen jewelry makers who are making an impression on Etsy. Miley has inspired Kate (CA) with her latest song, and Libby & Mckayla offer reviews of a book series & TV show totally worth checking out.
On the serious side, Mona deals with her alcohol issue, Kimberly looks back at her suicide attempt, and Melissa says goodbye to her BFF who took her life. And Tess tells the story of a friend who rolls out the welcome mat for her guy ... unfortunately, she's the doormat.
Plus:- Now-college student Rocio returns to SDM with "College Decision Frenzy"
- Emily checks in with a look at her cheerleading days
- Jasmin with the 411 on Spring Styles
- 6 new poems about love, loss, and loneliness and from Gia, April, Melissa, Taylor, and Kate (CA).
- Briana (NY) asks what message we're sending in "Sweet 16 or Sexy 16", and
- Stephanie Rose (TN) wonders if our social networking sites may be sending the wrong message to prospective colleges and employers.
At Sweet Designs Magazine, we're trying to send the right message - This is the mag you can write for, and say what matters to you!