Things to Do in Fall!
By Kate, age 19, New Hampshire
Sweet Designs Staff Intern
Sweet Designs Featured Writer
This fall, don't let the stress of all that get you down! Sure, summer may be over, but that doesn't mean you have to spend the next 9 months inside all the time working on school stuff. Of course, don't neglect it either, but spend some time with friends and family, and don't worry about spending a lot of money! How does one do that, you ask? Here's a list of fun, yet cheap things you can do this fall!
1. Apple Picking - It's a classic, and it's probably one of the cheapest things you can do! Gather some friends and hit the farms! Usually, places will provide you with baskets or bags to put the apples in. Some charge per basket/bag (so be sure to fill them as much as possible!) and some places may charge by other methods. So, look into it before you go. Bring a few bucks, a camera, and a hunger for apples, and have fun!
2. Hay Rides - Not just for kids! Take in the beautiful fall foliage while riding with your friends on a horse drawn wagon! Makes a great Facebook picture, too!
3. Corn Mazes - Have you ever run through a maze of corn? This is something you must do this fall! Unlike the horror movies where characters run from a villain through corn stocks, there are no surprises here ... unless, of course, your best friend jumps out at you! Race to the finish with your friends or play a game of hide-and-seek tag through the corn. There's nothing quite like the thrill of running through corn!
4. Carve Jack-o-lanterns - Pick your favorite pumpkin and start carving! Make it silly, make it scary, make it dull and boring - it's your pumpkin! Do whatever you want with it!
5. Carnivals - Fall is the time for all those fun carnivals. Knock down some pins to win a prize, go on a hay ride, or pet the cute little goats at the petting zoo. You're never too young (or too old) to have fun!
6. Charity - Not all girls are as lucky as you, and can go out with friends and family and do all these things. Participate in a local charity event, whether it's tutoring younger kids or working in a soup kitchen; you can even sign up as a Big Sister! Make lifelong memories for others, young and old. You will feel great, too!
Fall doesn't have to be the end of the fun! So, gather some friends, make plans with family, go for a drive, and see all that fall has to offer! Whether you go sightseeing in the mountains or apple picking for fun, fall offers plenty of fun and memories for all!